Skip directly to content

Carbon Monoxide Survival Story of Mr. Dave Kaufman, Tuscan, AZ

May 17th, 2013 Blog by Olga Korchyga

Carbon Monoxide is called ‘The Silent Killer’. It is one of the leading causes of accidental poisoning deaths in America. It can happen in many different ways when the victim least expects it. To make it even more serious, many doctors believe that a lot of times CO poisoning gets misdiagnosed, because of its ‘flue-like’ symptoms. According to some studies for every case diagnosed correctly there are at least ten that are missed.

Like many other things we see in the news we think Carbon Monoxide poisoning will never happen to us and that’s why so often it hits unexpectedly. When the tragedy happens the only thing people think about is why they haven’t purchased a Carbon Monoxide Alarm that could have saved the loved one. Carbon Monoxide poisoning is 100% preventable by just having a functional CO Alarm in your home, garage or RV.

The story of Mr. Dave Kaufman (Tucson, AZ) that happened 2 years ago illustrates this perfectly. His life partner Bobbie Houston and he were in Ruidoso, New Mexico with 

their 2008 29 ft. Winnebago RV. It was February and there was 14 inches of snow on the ground and the temperature hit 27 below zero. They did not realize that the air intake on the heater was frozen and the RV was filling up with the colorless, odorless, deadly gas. Fortunately Mr. Kaufman did have a Carbon Monoxide alarm in his RV. It was a COSTAR® 9RV Carbon Monoxide alarm. It went off at 3am and saved their lives. “I went and bought another alarm. It’s a great product!” - says Mr. Kaufman.

They survived Carbon Monoxide because of their Carbon Monoxide alarm. It’s the only way, the only warning that they had. Don’t risk your life and the life of your family members. Go to http://www.pro.qginc.com/ to get more information about COSTAR® 9RV Carbon Monoxide alarm or click http://shop.quantumguardian.com to buy a Quantum Guardian® Carbon Monoxide alarm today.